What is Depression?
- Depression is a condition of being pressed to a lower position
- Depression is a state of decline and reduced activity
- The word Depression is from the Latin word depressus, which means “to press down.”
What is Psychological; Depression? Psychological Depression is a state in which the heart is pressed down and unable to experience joy.
Psychological Depression is an umbrella word when covers feelings from mild discouragement to intense despair.
Psychological depression is a condition which involves the whole person: physically, emotionally and spiritually.
A DEPRESSION CHECKLIST FOR YOU AND YOUR LOVED ONES
The purpose of this checklist is to help you assess patterns of depression.
There are no good or bad answers- only honest ones.
Please answer Yes or No to each question as it describes.
1. ____ Do you feel sad or “empty” much of the time?
2. ____ Do you find you’re self becoming irritable and quick tempered?
3. ____ Have you lost interest in ordinary activities?
4. ____ Do you find it hard to get out of bed in the morning?
5. ____ Do you tire easily?
6. ____ Is it becoming increasingly difficult to focus or concentrate?
7. ____ Have you gained or lost weight recently?
8. ____ Do you find yourself crying frequently or more easily?
9. ____ Do you feel anxious or fearful much of the time?
10. ____ Are you having trouble falling asleep, staying asleep, or waking up early in the morning?
11. ____ Do you feel guilty or overly responsible for others?
12. ____ Is your attitude more negative than it used to be?
13. ____ Are you overly critical of yourself or do you find yourself lacking?
14. ____ Do you feel taken for granted by family, friends, or other relationships?
15. ____ Are you increasingly impatient with family members?
16. ____Does your work day stretch on endlessly?
17. ____ Do you have thoughts about dying or death?
18. ____ Have you started drinking or using drugs to dull your pain or have previous addictive habits worsened?
19. ____ Do you sometimes feel that other people are criticizing or talking about you?
20. ____ Do you find yourself experiencing headaches? Stomach aches? Muscle pain? Chronic aches and pains?
21. ____ Have you tried to hurt yourself or put yourself into dangerous situations?
22. ____ Is there a past history of depression for you or another family member?
23. ____ Do you find it hard to make decisions about everyday matters?
24. ____ Are you pulling away from family or friends and spending much of your time alone?
25. ____ Have you noticed a change in your libido?
The LifeWorks Group, Inc.
1850 Lee Rd. Suite 250
Winter Park, FL 32789